By Layne Weitzel, TTU Sports Information
NASHVILLE – Tennessee Tech volleyball concludes its 2017 season in the state capital this weekend, traveling to Tennessee State and Belmont.
Tech faces Tennessee State on Friday, Nov. 10 at 6 p.m. CT and Belmont on Saturday, Nov. 11 at 2 p.m. CT. Belmont will honor its seven seniors prior to its match on Saturday.
Tech hosted both teams at the beginning of October in a four-match home stand, its longest of the season. The Golden Eagles fell to Belmont 3-1 and to Tennessee State 3-0.
- 2016 overall record: 17-16
- 2016 OVC record: 8-8 (fell to No. 3 seed Austin Peay 3-1 in the OVC Tournament first round)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 8th/12 teams
- Notables: TSU has three Tigers that rank within the top 10 in various statistical categories in OVC play. Rachel Henderson is 10th in the league with 3.06 kills per set, Samantha Beltran is fourth with 8.00 assists per set and Cherlie Adorno-DeJesus is fourth with 4.56 digs per set.
Belmont Bruins (12-14, 7-7 OVC [tied for 6th in the conference])
- 2016 overall record: 16-12
- 2016 OVC record: 10-7 (fell to No. 5 seed Eastern Kentucky 3-1 in the OVC Tournament first round)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 1st/12 teams
- Notables: Arianna Person leads the league in OVC play with 3.96 kills per set and 243.0 total points (she is tied with Austin Peay's Ashley Slay with a 4.42 points per set average).