By Layne Weitzel, TTU Sports Information
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee Tech volleyball will play its final home matches of 2017 this weekend at the Hooper Eblen Center, welcoming Morehead State and Eastern Kentucky to Cookeville.
Tech faces Morehead State on Friday, Nov. 3 at 7 p.m. CT and Eastern Kentucky on Saturday, Nov. 4 at 5:30 p.m. CT. Tech's senior day festivities, honoring K'Vonna Johnson, Allison Morrett and Kellie Williams, will be held prior to Saturday's match versus EKU.
The Golden Eagles last played both Morehead State and Eastern Kentucky in the Bluegrass State at the end of September, splitting the pair of matches. Tech fell to the Colonels 3-2 but bounced back the next day against the Eagles, winning 3-1.
- 2016 overall record: 11-20
- 2016 OVC record: 7-9 (fell to No. 2 seed SIUE 3-0 in the OVC Tournament first round)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 7th/12 teams
- Notables: Reigning OVC Newcomer of the Week Lauren Rokey ranks eighth in OVC play with 3.33 kills per set. She has totaled 265 kills in her debut season as an Eagle to lead Morehead State.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels (11-15, 9-3 OVC [tied for 2nd in the conference])
- 2016 overall record: 15-15
- 2016 OVC record: 9-7 (fell to No. 1 seed Murray State 3-2 in the OVC Tournament semifinals)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 5th/12 teams
- Notables: Junior libero Chloe Rojas was awarded OVC Defensive Player of the Week on Monday after totaling 47 digs in two wins over Belmont and Tennessee State. Rojas leads the league in total digs with 277 and average digs with 5.77 in conference play.