By Layne Weitzel, TTU Sports Information
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. – Tennessee Tech volleyball comes off a shortened week of practices for its upcoming matches, traveling to Jacksonville State and returning back to Cookeville to face Southeast Missouri.
Tech plays at Jacksonville State on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. CT and versus Southeast Missouri on Friday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m. CT.
Tech previously played Jacksonville State on Sept. 21 in its first home and conference match of the season, falling in three sets. Friday is the first and only time in 2017 that the Golden Eagles will face Southeast Missouri. Tech ended its 2016 season at SEMO with a three-set loss.
- 2016 overall record: 18-19
- 2016 OVC record: 6-10 (fell to No. 1 seed Murray State 3-0 in the OVC Tournament first round)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 6th/12 teams
- Notables: The Gamecocks rank fourth in conference action in hitting percentage (.204) and are led by junior MB Mackenzie Rombach, who boasts a .312 hitting percentage with 261 kills off 592 total attempts. She stands at ninth in the league with a .302 clip in conference play.
Southeast Missouri Redhawks (8-16, 3-7 OVC [9th in the conference])
- 2016 overall record: 7-23
- 2016 OVC record: 6-10 (fell to No. 1 seed Murray State 3-2 in the OVC Tournament championship)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 9th/12 teams
- Notables: Senior MB Nzingha Clarke ranks 23rd in the NCAA and leads the OVC with 111 total blocks (24 solo and 87 assists) this season. Clarke has also surpassed 900 career kills (reaching 905 this past Saturday) and boasts a league-leading .388 hitting percentage in conference play this season.