BLACKSBURG, Va. -- The Tennessee Tech women's tennis team played a dual match against Radford on Tuesday evening as the Highlanders defeated the Golden Eagles, 5-1, at the Burrows-Burleson Tennis Center.
With the loss, TTU drops to 0-3 this season while Radford evens its record at 2-2.
Contrary to traditional dual matches, the singles matches were played first on Tuesday. The two teams did not play doubles because RU had clinched the victory following the completion of singles play.
Joanna Corkern earned the lone Tech victory on the evening as she won in straight sets (6-4, 7-5) over Emerald Lauzon to pick up her first victory of the season.
Also competing for the Golden Eagles were Diana Woodcock, Frederike Kahl, Laura Porras, Victoria Cran and Katie Barnhill.
Tech returns to the court in search of its first win of the season on Thursday when the Golden Eagles take on USC Upstate in Cookeville.
1. Mia Drobnjak (RU) def. Diana Woodcock (TTECH), 6-4, 6-4
2. Ivana Tomaic (RU) def. Frederike Kahl (TTECH), 6-4, 6-4
3. Petra Dajevic (RU) def. Laura Porras (TTECH), 6-3, 6-3
4. Mirna Matic (RU) def. Victoria Cran (TTECH), 6-4, 6-0
5. Sarah Tegner (RU) def. Katie Barnhill (TTECH), 6-2, 6-0
6. Joanna Corkem (TTECH) def Emerald Lauzon (RU), 6-4, 7-5