NCAA Women's Final Four barely a week away; Plenty of fun activities on tap
NASHVILLE -- With the NCAA Women's Final Four in Nashville barely a week away, fans in the region are gearing up for several days filled with activities surrounding one of the nation's premiere sporting events.
A big part of the Final Four is "Super Saturday" packed with activities for all ages, many of them free. Among the events are:
* The Broadway Bounce refreshed by Coca-Cola is slated for Saturday, April 5 with registration and entertainment beginning at 11 a.m., with the Bounce beginning at 1 p.m. at the corner of 6th Ave. and Demonbreun. Complimentary parking is provided and registration is free for children 18 years and younger.
* Fans and families are invited to participate in the seventh
annual 4Kay Run Presented by Northwestern Mutual.
Proceeds from the 4Kay Run will benefit cancer research through the
Kay Yow Cancer Fund. The run will take place on April 5th at 8 a.m.
at 6th and Demonbreun.
* The Coca-Cola NCAA Youth Clinics are a community outreach program that connects kids in grades 3 to 8. Participants receive sport instruction from NCAA coaches and student-athletes. These clinics are free and open to both boys and girls in grades 3 to 8. Both clinics will be Saturday, April 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.. Space is limited and preregistration is highly encouraged.
* In addition, fans can still sign up to fill volunteer positions. Volunteering is a great way to get involved with Nashville's Final Four. Volunteers must be 18 years or older and must work at least two shifts with a maximum of four shifts. All volunteers will receive an official Nike polo and jacket. Volunteers are needed in varying capacities April 3-9. Volunteer shifts are filling up fast and are extremely limited. Don't delay and sign up today!
Other ways you can get involved with the NCAA Women's Final Four
The Women's Final Four is More Than Three Games. In addition to the above activities there are a wide variety of other ways to get involved:
*Tourney Town™ presented by Capital One™ - April 5, 6, and 8 - More Information
* Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame - The Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame in Bridgestone Arena will have special exhibits up for the Final Four - Hall of Fame
* The Belcourt Theatre Presents a Celebration of Girls and Women in Sports - In the days leading up to the NCAA Women's Final Four tournament in Nashville, the Belcourt Theatre will celebrate girls and women in sports with three film screenings - The Belcourt
* Nashville Public Library - In March and April, the Nashville Public Library celebrates Nashville hosting the event with sports themed programs and guests - Nashville Public Library.
* Girl Scouts Patch - Earn the GIRLS GOT GAME! Girl Scouts Patch - Earn It
* Legacy Spotlight - A weekly segment of inspiring stories, inside histories, and insights into women's sports from leaders, coaches, players, and more - More Information
* Women in the Game - The Women in the Game initiative was developed to honor female athletes from all walks of life, and all levels of ability - More Information
* Music - Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradbery will headline a free concert at Tourney Town before the Championship Game - Full Event Schedule