CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- The Tennessee Tech football team couldn't match Southeast Missouri's 34-yard field goal in the second overtime, missing its own 34-yard attempt and falling to the Redhawks 41-38 in double overtime.
With several record breaking performances on the offensive side of the ball, victory looked like a certainty for the Golden Eagles. Ultimately, it was the Redhawks of Southeast Missouri who came up with the biggest play in the end.
Junior receiver Da'Rick Rogers broke several personal and school records tonight, making both a career-high and TTU record 18 catches for 303 receiving yards, also a school record. He also hauled in two touchdowns in the air, scoring for the fourth straight game as a Golden Eagle.
Quarterback Tre Lamb also made record breaking performance, throwing for a Tech-best 481 yards on a TTU record 38 completions. He added three touchdowns in the air on the day plus a key touchdown on the ground to tie the game in the fourth quarter and eventually send the game into overtime.
Tech will look to rebound from the tough extra-period loss when the team travels to Murray, Ky. for a conference tilt against the Racers of Murray State on Saturday, Sept. 29 at 6 p.m. CT
* The Golden Eagles and Redhawks meet for the 21st time tonight, with Tech owning a 12-8 advantage in the series.
* Last season, the Golden Eagles pulled out a squeaker over SEMO last season, winning 38-31 in Cookeville.
* Senior quarterback Tre Lamb needs just 25 yards to pass Larry Schreiber for fourth on the Tennessee Tech all-time list for total offense in a career.
* He also needs just 230 passing yards to move to fourth on the all-time passing list.
* Tech is coming off its first loss of the season, following a 63-14 loss to the currently No. 3 ranked Oregon Ducks.
* Southeast Missouri, also coming off a loss last week, sits at 1-2 on the season with losses at Central Michigan and at Southern Illinois.
* Sophomore running back Stephen Bush, who has rushed for a career high 63 yards in each of the last two games, will make his first career start as a Golden Eagle.
* Redshirt freshman defensive back James Huguely will also grab his first career start in place of the injured William Dillard.
* For the sixth straght year under head coach Watson Brown, the Golden Eagles will open OVC play on the road.
* Todays captains are as follows: Will Johnson, Tommie McBride, Tremaine Hudson, and Tre Lamb.
* For the first time in this young season, the Golden Eagles lose the coin toss, but will receive the ball for the fourth straight contest as SEMO has deferred until the second half.
FIRST QUARTER NOTES
* Junior receiver Da'Rick Rogers getting things started for the Golden Eagles, grabbing two quick receptions from Tre Lamb to give Tech a first down.
* The Tech defense will get its first taste of the Redhawks starting at the 13-yard line.
* SEMO strikes first, going 87 yards in just three plays. Redhawks lead 7-0 with 12:54 left in the first quarter.
* True freshman running back Radir Annoor makes his first career appearance as a Golden Eagle, rushing for one yard.
* Back-to-back first downs for Tech as the team approaches the 50-yard line for the first time of the game.
* TOUCHDOWN!!!! Long pass by Tre Lamb to Da'Rick Rogers for a 38-yard touchdown.
* The score is now even at 7-7 with 9:56 remaining in the first quarter.
* SEMO, punting out of its own endzone with the shank! Ball goes to the 30-yard line and gives the Golden Eagles fantastic field position.
* Sophomore kicker Zach Sharp kicks a 22-yard field goal and Tech takes a 10-7 lead with 5:17 left to play in the first quarter.
* Tre Lamb has now moves to fourth on the Tech all-time list for total offense and has already passed for over 100 yards in the game.
* INTERCEPTION!!! Sophomore defensvie back Austin Tallant picks off a pass in the endzone and keeps the Redhawks off the scoreboard!
* Da'Rick Rogers having an incredible game, making a circus-like, one-handed grab, swiping the ball from the defender for his sixth catch of the game.
* Rogers already at a season-high 125 yards receiving in just the first quarter.
* At the end of the first quarter, the Golden Eagles lead the Redhawks 10-7.
SECOND QUARTER NOTES
* TOUCHDOWN!!! Redshirt freshman receiver Steve Wilson grabs a tipped ball and runs it into the endzone to put the Golden Eagles up 17-7.
* Redshirt freshman Avery Rollins sacks the SEMO quarterback and will force the Redhawks to punt again.
* SEMO intercepts Tre Lamb and will return it for a score. Tech still leads, now 17-14.
* Despite the INT, Lamb has completed 12-18 for 200 yards and 2 TDs with 9:30 remaining in the first half.
* Da'Rick Rogers with some fantastic stiff arms and jukes to gain a first down for the Golden Eagles. Rogers closing in on his career-high of 10 receptions, now with eight.
* Rogers continues the career-day with a finger-tip grab at the sideline to help convert third and 20 for Tech. The Golden Eagles now in the redzone.
* Lamb throws his second interception of the game and Brandon Spann will go 100 yards for the SEMO touchdown. The Redhawks now lead 21-17 with 2:42 left in the first half.
* Lamb has thrown for 290 yards so far, moving him to fourth on the TTU all-time list for career passing yards.
* With nine receptions already, Rogers has passed his career-best mark of 180 receiving yards with 189 so far. He is just one reception away from his all-time-high of 10.
* Rogers with back-to-back receptions and the Golden Eagles now threatening again.
* With the two receptions, Rogers has a career-high 11 catches and has tied the TTU record for receptions in a game.
* TOUCHDOWN!!!! The Lamb-to-Rogers connection continues and the Golden Eagles take the lead with 18 seconds remaining in the first half. Tech leads 24-21.
* Rogers with a TTU record 12 receptions in the game, and there's still one half to play!
* Lamb with 369 passing yards in the first half along with three touchdowns.
* Records are falling here in Cape Girardeau.
* Tre Lamb already with a career-high 369 yards through the air tonight, his third 300-yard game of his career.
* Da'Rick Rogers with both a career-best and TTU school record 12 receptions.
* Rogers also has a career-high 258 yards receiving, just four shy of the Golden Eagle single-game record.
* He has also tied his career-mark of 2 TD grabs.
* Lamb sits just 68 passing yards shy of the Tech record for passing yards in a game.
THIRD QUARTER NOTES
* FUMBLE!!!! Tech recovers a SEMO fumble on the kick-off return and will take over on the Redhawks' 20-yard line.
* Da'Rick Rogers is now the single-game record holder for receiving yards at TTU with 289 so far in this contest. He now has 14 receptions and is closing in on the OVC record for both yards and receptions.
* Zach Sharp with a 32-yard field goal attempt and it misses wide left. Tech still leads 24-21 with 8:04 left in the third quarter.
* FUMBLE!!!! Sophomore Tra'Darius Goff picks up a SEMO fumble and Tech takes over with 5:02 left in the third quarter.
* SACKED!!! Tech picks up a sack to force third and long yet again. The Tech defense playing very strong despite injuries.
* Both defenses playing well here, as we get ready for another punt.
* At the end of the third quarter, Tech still leads 24-21.
FOURTH QUARTER NOTES
* Junior defensive linemane Jordan Johnson with a SACK!!! Now fourth down and four yards to go.
* Tre Lamb finished the third quarter with 413 yards passing in this game. That is just the fourth 400-yard game in Tech history and the second highest as well.
* SEMO gets into the endzone and now leads 28-24 with 11:55 to play.
* Rogers with his 15th and 16th receptions of the night and is now over 300 yards receiving for the game!
* Some trickery for the Golden Eagles with the reverse. It goes for a TTU first down and they are once again into Redhawks territory.
* Cookeville product Stephen Bush into the endzone for the Golden Eagles. TOUCHDOWN!!! Tech leads 31-28 with 8:58 to play.
* Freshman receiver Krys Cates made a big time first-down grab to set up that score.
* Tre Lamb breaks the TTU record for passing yards in a game with 456 yards.
* Rogers just 13 yards shy of the OVC single-game record for receiving yards.
* Lamb now sits in third place on the TTU career-list for total offense. He has amassed over 4,800 yards as a Golden Eagle.
* SEMO ties the game with a 39-yard field goal. Game tied at 31 with 3:58 remaining.
* The Tech defense came up huge in a third down and one yard to go situation to force the field goal.
* FUMBLE!!!!!! Tech's sophomore defensive back Cory Webber with a fumble recovery with 56.6 seconds left on their own 19-yard line!!!
* We are headed to overtime here in Cape Girardeau. Score is 31-31.
FIRST OVERTIME NOTES
* This marks the first overtime match for Tech in six years and the 14th all-time.
* Tech is 8-5 in overtime games in its history.
* Rogers with 18 receptions, just two shy of the OVC record.
* SEMO wins the coin toss and will play defense first.
* Tech with third and goal on the five-yard line. Crucial play here.
* TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Tre Lamb on a quarterback delay up the middle and Tech has a 38-31 lead here in the first overtime!
* And SEMO scores on its first play, a 25 yard touchdown pass. The game will go into double overtime! Score tied 38-38.
SECOND OVERTIME NOTES
* This marks the fourth time in Tech history that the game has gone to double overtime.
* The Golden Eagles are 2-1 all-time in double overtime. First since 2004.
* SEMO kicks a field goal to take a 41-38 lead here in double overtime.
* Zach Sharp misses a 34-yard field goal and will lose 41-38 in double overtime.