By TTU Sports Information
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – Registration for the 2019 Pepsi Bobby Nichols Golden Eagle Scramble presented by Budweiser has officially opened, enabling golfers to make reservations for Tennessee Tech's golf fundraiser, which returns to the three-day format this year from June 7 to June 9 at Golden Eagle Golf Club and White Plains Golf Club.
Early registrants will get their first choice of tee time and course of play on Friday and Saturday – each golfer will be required to play each course once. Registration will be available online, on the phone or in person at the Hooper Eblen Center ticket office.
The entry fee is $250, which includes:
- Greens fees (cart not included) for two practice rounds – one at each course – any time leading up to the event after they have paid their registration in full;
- Two tickets to Doc Fields' Concert presented by Budweiser;
- A small bucket/bag of balls to hit prior to each tournament round;
- Free lunch each round (featuring one hot dog, one bag of chips and six drink tickets);
- One free cart per team during each round of the tournament;
- Entry to the annual BBQ dinner featuring door prizes;
- Opportunity to win flight gift certificates;
- Increased payouts based on field of play;
- Improved goody bags with a distinctive gift.
New in 2019 is a referral discount as anyone who played in the 2018 scramble and refers a family member, friend or acquaintance that has not competed in the Pepsi Bobby Nichols Golden Eagle Scramble presented by Budweiser in the last year will receive their mulligans (one per round) free of charge, following the full payment of both players' registration.
The field is limited to 320 golfers and is expected to fill quickly, so all participants are encouraged to sign up early to secure their spot. With the return of the popular three-day format, the Pepsi Bobby Nichols Golden Eagle Scramble presented by Budweiser will continue to be one of the largest and most popular golf events in the region.
Tournament applications are being mailed to all past participants, former Tennessee Tech athletes and alumni in the surrounding areas.
For additional information, visit the Athletics Ticket Office in the Eblen Center or call (931) 372-3940 or 3941.